Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac are under 24 hour guard after fresh security worries surrounding the two footballers emerged.
The Premier League club withdrew both players from today’s season opener away at Newcastle after they were targeted by carjackers.
And it has now been revealed that a further incident took place outside Ozil’s North London home on Thursday.
The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that two men have been arrested after getting into a fight with security staff.
The Met said: ‘Two men have been charged under Section 4a of the Public Order Act following an incident in Camden on Thursday, 8 August.
‘Ferhat Ercan, 27, and Salaman Ekinci, 27, were charged on 9 August following the incident and are due to appear at Highbury Corner magistrates’ court on 6 September.’
Midfielder Ozil, 30, and defender Kolasinac, 26, were reportedly caught up in a war between two rival gangs as they drove through North London in Ozil’s £100,000 Mercedes last month. Kolasinac’s wife flew to Germany after the incident but neither football star was harmed.
The pair are thought to be under 24 hour police guard while investigations continue. Footage released at the time showed Kolasinac leap from the vehicle and chase off the attackers.
In a statement released on Friday, Arsenal said: ‘Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac will not be part of the squad for our opening match against Newcastle United following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police.
‘The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.
‘We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support. ‘We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as soon as possible.’